Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Atomic NL Test Grow

Default Atomic NL test grow - second smoke report

Here we go with the next batch of plants to be smoke tested, in no particular order:

Smells a bit of tanned leather, with a minty undertone. Smells lighter as its broken up, a little Hazey even, like an Amsterdam coffeeshop. Tastes a bit of burnt kiwi, with a pill-ish aftertaste. A nice smooth stoney high. This plant yielded 81.1g

Nugs were light and airy, smells a bit woodsy then like maple syrup on an eggo and a very very slight hint of mint. Smells more hazey as broken up. Ash is a nice light grey color, but the smoke is acrid and harsh. Didn't finish the joint, it wasnt very pleasant. Not too much to note on the effect either. This plant yielded 47g

Oh no! I thought this 1 was clear, but I found a few seeds in the bottom of the curing jar. Nice dense nugs, starts out smelling earthy and a tiny bit menthol, then a bit more of a mellow apple scent as its broken up. Super smooth smoke, with a tasty hint of appleish-ness, like apple pipe tobbacco scent but not as strong. Nice mellow high. This plant yielded 80.5g

Arg! Several very ripe seeds in the bottom of this jar, I thought it was also clear . Buds have a lighter green scent than most of the others, crushing the bud a little releases a lightly minty lemonish scent, which becomes a bit more Hazey as its broken up. Average smoke, very smooth with a very small fruity aftertaste. A nice bit of a creeper high I noticed settling in after a few minutes on this 1. This plant yielded 59g

Nice dense nuggets, smell is earthy, and like old candy, they are very shiny with trichomes. Bit of a citrus smell as its broken up, very appealing, I kept sticking my nose back in the grinder. Yummy smelling. Medium smooth smoke, tastes faintly of cotton candy. Strong effect initially, as well as a nice creeper effect that came on a bit later. This is certainly my favorite so far. This plant yielded 79.8g

Damn... after a few hrs of testing and several joints it starts to become hard to maintain the same objectivity... hell, I needed a few hours to get it together to post the pics and stuff, lol. Whee! A bit dissapointed to find a couple more self seeded ladies (not gonna be moms for my garden), but also happy to find to find some interesting flavors comming out in the different plants. I have more jars/plants to smoke test yet, so keep your eye on this space.

Hope you all are enjoying the thread.
    YBG
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 03-17-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Number 21 sounds like one of Doc's moms from your description. Good job and thanks for sharing. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Lovely! I've been very curious about the Dr's wares, good to see they've treated you well.

Default ANL test grow - third smoke test

This is the last group of testing, on this Atomic NL test grow.

In no particular order:

This plant is sporting some nice medium density nugs. Smells a bit Hazey, buds are very sparkly with trichomes. It has a bit lighter scent when ground up, fresh and spicy, with a hint of running shoe (not in a gross way). The buds look like they would have liked a longer time on food, & flush, and overall finishing. The smoke was medium bodied, with a quick initial head high... then I feel stoney, and it builds. I think the high also speaks to this pheno needing more time to properly finish. This plant is interesting, and will be getting another run in my garden for sure, cloned. This plant yielded 46.4g

The curing jar smells like stale candy, very dense nugs, crushing them a little releases and amazing spicy yummy scent. Broken up it smells like a spicy coffee cake, with a nose tingly cannabis tinge. I couldn't keep my nose out of the grinder, or the pile of ground herb. Drawing air thru the unlit joint tastes like coffee cake with stale candy in it. Lit, the smoke is very smooth and easy on the throat with and almost soapy tasting, like spicey incense or perfume. The high was average and well rounded. This was a very enjoyable test overall, start to finish. This plant yielded 55.8g

One loose seed in the jar. Buds smell earthy, crushing them slightly smells a little spicy/minty. Smells like a lightly minty coffeecake when broken up. The smoke was light and smooth, a lil peppery, with a tobbaco-ish aftertaste. Made my lips sticky smoking it. High was clear and light. This plant yielded 65.9g.

Nice earthy smelling buds, slightly crushed smells of some wierd light scented diesel-fruit. Ground up the scent is more of a fuelish pine. Good density to the buds. Has an average smoke and flavor, a light high that comes on slowly. This plant yielded 81.1g

As always, any tags with a sad face will not be slected to continue in my garden. Some of the others will get another shot at a production run (6 - 12 plants) from the retained genetics, but I haven't made final selections yet. Hoping to post those future runs here, whenever I may get to them.

I also have a batch of hash to make from the mixed trim off of these, which I also hope to post here.

Hope you all have enjoyed following my lil Atomic NL test grow.

YBG
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 03-20-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Wicked job dude. Thanks so much for sharing. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Nice report man! very detailed and lots of pics. Those look like some really good yields, can you compare the yield of the Atomic NL to your average yield per plant with your setup? I've been looking into the Doc's NL for a while and I like your results. The hermies are kinda discouraging though.

Most of my regulars get to the 70-80g each range, but the plants aren't as big as the Atomic NL's were ending up. But thats usually how it goes with a seed grow for me, I let them get a bit bigger than I might with cloned stock, just to ensure a sturdy healthy plant thru the flower phase.

The plants that showed hermie traits didnt go so crazy as to wreck the whole roomfull, and didnt really hurt the yield at all. I just wouldnt select one of those for a mom is all. They smoke just fine in the end.

YBG