Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atomic NL Test Grow

Of 28 sprouted and veg'd Atomic NL plants, 15 showed me thier cute lil pistils....

The 13 showin me thier balls died......

Carrots...
    YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Awesome, pretty close to 50/50. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Default Pruning time......

So crippled today.... got a ton of work to do in the garden.... can't.

Instead I thoght I'd pen another update on the Atomic NL, since I'm nowhere near caught up on it, and.... I can.

It has been almost 2 weeks since the last quick set of photos, plants have been vegging away happily, turning into happy little bushes under 18hrs per day of 2 X 1000W HPS. In fact, so much growth has occured, its getting darn bushy in the lower canopy.

As I pruned these ladies, I retained multiple individually labled clones of each one, to become future moms if selected as a winner.

Picture format for this series is (generally) as follows:
    Identification, close up of lower bushiness, bushy whole plant shot, and pruned whole plant shot

In this shot you can see 2 complete branches growing where there should be 1....

Gapped, here it is pruned

#14 is also a bit of a mutant, you can see 1 'flattened' branch that eventually splits into 2 completely seperate branches

In this shot you can see that the branches on this 1 are not directly opposite each other, but rather step up 1 at a time per side

Now the lower portion of the canopy can breathe nicely.

Here is the upper canopy after pruning

At this point the girls all went into a 24hr dark period to initiate flowering, and then on 12/12 with 2 X 1000W HPS, and switched to flowering food.

Hope you have enjoyed the update, more to come......
    YBG

Default Time for another update.....

So this set of pics was taken about a week after the last set. Pre-flowers are forming all over the place, and the girls seem to be enjoying the airflow in the lower canopy.

Just the few quick shots this round, more to come.....

YBG

*Just a quick reminder, I am way behind in my posting, so none of these shots are current as I post them.....*

Thanks again dude. Lookin good so far. Keep up the good work. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Default Atomic NL test grow, some unusual suspects

Time for an update, around a week or so since the last set of pics, grabbed a few quick overall shots:

As I took these shots, I also did my regular examination of the plants with an eye out for abnormalities, problems, ect. Sure enough, a couple popped up with some odd characteristics.

#14 has been on the 'lil mutant' list for a while now, and I noticed some more mutations comming up:

getting closer as we go......

what the heck is that down in the junction of the fan leaf stem and side branch stem?

and a couple more...

These odd growths are not on the upper or lower sections of the plant, just the middle section. To me these look like either the beginings of male sex parts, or possibly a mutation that is providing additional flowering sites, or both. In any case way it bears keeping an eye on.

#16 also has some some growths starting in the same locations, at the junction of the fan leaf stem and the branch proper, but on this plant they start in the middle and continue right to the top, where the growths appear to be forming additional flowering sites.

I will be keeping a close eye on these 2....

That's the update for now, more to come....
    YBG
    Last edited by YukonBikerGuy; 01-10-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Very cool grow! Loving the pics and especially the weird mutations lol, and additional flowering sites? SOUNDS GOOD :P

Default Some dark shots...

About 4-5 days after the last set. Took a couple of general overall shots just after the lights went out. A lot easier to see the true lush green color of the plants without the HPS lamps on.

Thats all for now. More to come....
    YBG

the second to last pic is wicked cool, i like

Many people never stop to realize that a tree is a living thing, not that different from a tall, leafy dog that has roots and is very quiet.

Default ANL # 14, not a keeper

3-4 days since the last pics

#14 has been on the watch list for some time, for mutant traits, and possible hermaphrodism..... long story short, she has boy parts, and must die......

Those may be hard to see, but they are boy parts poppin out on that bitch, she/he had to die...

#16 is still on the watch list... for now. I will let it develop a little further to see if it is just the extra flower site formation, or also confused about its sexual identity.

More later,
    YBG