[QUOTE=upriver;71702]I am really intrigued by these skillet style devices. But are they good for bubble, or only oil? Not really the best for hash, unless it is the most pure of FMCD, and even then it will leave a little residue.

- Should I seek a stem for my current waterpipe? Is it possible to retrofit a graffix style stem with a ground glass (or whatever is needed) to take a hash skillet type bell? Is that even what I need? Some of you seem to use plain old bowl-looking things (with titanium screens?) It is possible to get retrofit downstems with ground glass joints that can accept slides and other devices with a ground glass joint, and even possibly new rubber grommets at nearly any smoke/headshop that sells glass water filtration smoking devices. Or a basic GonG water pipe complete should easily be under $200, but don't expect much in the way of fancy color work in this price range, but you will get some good functionality.

- Is it worth it to use the SSV as an engine for hash? I have tried putting some in the wand on the screen and setting the temp to max, it works sortof but seems unsatisfying. Does anyone really vape hash? I have tried vaping hash in my Herborizer a few times; goey sticky hashes tend to just clump up and clog the screen without really giving off much vapor, even on a bed of herb. Lower quality, dryer and less sticky hashes did vape better, without clumping too much, but still needed a herb bed to rest on.

Thanks for any and all input, I hope my ranting makes sense. Since I grow, trim, and process my own, I really don't have a ton of contacts to ask.[/QUOTE]

No worries, many of us are rambling posters
YBG