I prefer to freeze my starting material before making hash with it. At least 24 hours, tho in general I like to have it frozen in a deep freezer (not a mushy popsicile fidge freezer) for 2 weeks or longer before making hash with it. It seems to change the trich heads in some small way that makes for better hash imo. I believe that perhaps some of the moisture from inside the trich heads is sort of being freeze dried out of the wax membranes without rupturing them, but I am just speculating. All I know is it makes for better hash in the end.

I have also made hash with unfrozen material, and just let it chill in the ice & water in the machine for 10-20 min before beginning to mix it to chill the trichs and make them brittle.

I keep all fans seperate from the close trim, even the frosty fans. They can be run seperately later, and then wont dilute my primo hash.

The zippered all mesh bag is 220µ, but I still pour the mixed water thru the 220µ work bag as well. It still catches some green particulate that made it out of the zippered bag. Particulate matter that is not trichomes is the enemy of great bubblehash.

Good luck with your run, may your hash be melty.
YBG