Thread: The Union movie

Default The Union movie

Wasn't sure where to post this, just noticed that the movie "The Union - The Business Behind Getting High" is on Superchannel1 tomorrow July 10 at 4:15 pm pacific time. It's a documentary about British Columbia's illegal marijuana trade.

Check out the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HLzmH9VB6A

I've been interested in this film. Let us know how it is, FTW!

I'm in the US. Did anyone see this?

I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

No Problem. Glad to help. I thought it was a great film, I will probably watch it a few more times

I watched it, very good film.

BUT,

We have already seen most of this before. It spends WAY tooo much time re-hashing (no pun intended) prohibition and benefits of cannabis etc. . . And talking to Darth Emery and covering marijuana culture.

I want to see the grow ops, dammit! I was expecting a more hardcore expose of the real nitty gritty. Not some grommet with 6 lights in his basement!!

To be fair, i would never invite a reporter to my grow op. Definitely not if it was commercial in size, and i definitely would not be talking about illegal business either.

Well really, the issues havent changed, it still the same state of MJ prohibition, of course its a lot of rehash. Some people who have no idea what the issues are need the rehash, its fresh to them. But in any case, I think its well put together, perhaps in a way that will speak those old issues to some new ears in a manner that piques interest. Thats a good thing IMHO.

Ya, who wants a reporter in thier commercial grow to show the world? If you want to see big grows, there are a few pics on this site of some decent ones. I think the fellow they got to volunteer was fairly new at it, and by his own admission it was a very small grow. However, to someone who earns a low wage at a real job, 6 lights putting out $20,000 every 2 months is serious business regardless of size.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/...ight=grow+room

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/...ight=new+setup

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/...ight=new+setup

last 2 are the same setup (way to go FTW) diff strain runs that was just a quick look, I'm sure there are others

I'd almost forgotten about this thread. There was a lot of old info, although some interesting new stuff as well (pretty freaky about the way people are making money from prisons, & drug offenders being less violent so better moneymakers).
    The guys making the movie would pretty much have to be trimmers at a big op to get to film anything with nice ready for harvest buds. When I'm showing pics at week 1 & 2 & so on you guys know my harvest time better than any of my friends who know where I live.

TrainOfThought88 Guest

so i just watched the hole thing.... it was awsome all the way up thru the 90 minut mark or so.. but the last third just dragged... overall it was great..