Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goba's Living Macro Shots

Default Goba's Living Macro Shots

Chemdawg D Macro's

Amnesia Haze x (Sour Diesel x G-13)

More random macro's

Sweet pics, thanks for sharing. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

yeah looking good dude.. Happy to see someone picking back up the Macro Gauntlet... it seems like people posting pics is what inspires us to take more..
    Just a few tips.. it looks like some of the shots are a little soft.. maybe a fstop of 9 or 11?
    Try bringing that down to around a 4 and focus on mostly one trichome.. you will get a much clearer focus without that softness in the image..

Peace
    Bubble man

Ps.. i believe it was GREENMACHINE WHO GAVE ME THIS tip back when i first posted some of my similar looking macro's and it stepped my game up BIGTIME>>

good luck and really look foreward to seeing more from you... maybe even get me off my ass to post a few lol

Thanks Bubbleman, that means a lot coming from you. You are one of my biggest sources of inspiration. This was the first weekend that I was able to rent and shoot with the 65mm MP-E. Really great lens. All these pictures were shot my first night with a fstop of 16 with really low iso, like 100. Yesterday before returning the lens ,I played around shooting at low fstops like 5.6 and higher iso like 1200 and although it seems like I lost a little DOF, the individual trichomes look a lot clearer. I will post some of these shots up soon. Thanks again for the tip and the comments.
    Goba

Really nice shots Goba,
    I always love seeing that MP-E in action....especially on a beauty like ChemD

I was going to offer a few tips but I can see Bubbleman already beat me too it and sounds like you may have already figured it out on your own.

Thanks a lot GM, like I told Bubbleman it means so much more coming from someone like you. I have spent a lot of time looking at your photos for the last couple of years, they are all so amazing. Here is my first try at a refraction, inspired by you.

Great shots dude thanks for sharing. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.