Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011

Default 2011

Here are the ladies beginning of July
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good kief ! Garden looks a little different than last year ?

You mean way more awesome or what?

You seem to be further ahead than this time last year.What are the strains we are looking at here? Did you not like the sprayers you were using last year? It looks like you now have a complete circle dripline ? So last year with all the new straw and garden it looked different BUT this year it is WAY more awesome bro ! Keep the pics comming, I love to see them. Peace ,..........OLDSCHOOL

Yes bro I am much further along this year than last. ..Last year I came out of 3 and 5 gallon smart pots on June 1 this year I planted on may 9 out of 10 gallon grow bags and covered over with 6 mil visqueen to protect from frost and have had lights on 24/0...the sprayers I felt like they gave me some stem rot and also weren't too accurate. lots of overspray..now i'm using 1/2" inline drip emitter tube 1 ft spacing 1 gph x 30 ft per bed...it's much better. The first plant is called Betsy and the second one is Afwreck x Reef's Cherry Thai ....I do need to put all new straw down now that I am on drippers. I hand watered with a hose and wand from may to june although in may i only watered them twice.

Thumbs up question and answer time !

Hey Kief ! Hope all is well in Ganja land.Courious about your water usage this time of year. How often and for how long does your system come on ? How much water do you feel a plant your size,or larger, needs ? The set-up you have is the EXACT one I ran last year . I had real good luck with it . That emiter hose is bad ass ,I use it on all my veggi's also.Do you have a fertalizer injecter or something like that ? What nutes do you run in the water ? How often ? Do you ph the tank water or is it ok as is ?
    How was you average after last season ? Did you lose any complete plants to root rot last year ? Thanks again Kief !!!!! Peace Oldschool

I control the system on and off , I hit them with different amounts depending on the weather and how much i've recently watered them and all that...on a heavy day I'm giving them about 35 gallons on a lighter day like 15? The emitter hose IS bad ass.. I do not have an injector on this garden. I haven't used anything but water but am about to hit them 1 time with 6 gallons of Age Old Grow in 2000 gallons of water. My water pH is good. The average last year got fucked up because I had 16 plants that essentially were failures last year. Never plant mother plants! I lost 1 individual last year.

Thumbs up Dont plant mother plants ???

Quote Originally Posted by kiefcake View Post
    I control the system on and off , I hit them with different amounts depending on the weather and how much i've recently watered them and all that...on a heavy day I'm giving them about 35 gallons on a lighter day like 15? The emitter hose IS bad ass.. I do not have an injector on this garden. I haven't used anything but water but am about to hit them 1 time with 6 gallons of Age Old Grow in 2000 gallons of water. My water pH is good. The average last year got fucked up because I had 16 plants that essentially were failures last year. Never plant mother plants! I lost 1 individual last year.

Whats your take on why not ? Do you feel a clone is more robust and branchy and will yield more ? I plant all from seed no clones. I am willing to give it a try next year though. Whats the largest yield from one plant. What was the breed ? Do you have any in pre-flower yet ?What do you do different to the ladies to prepare for flower mode. Nutes and such for flowering.
    I really like sharing ideas with one another. Its easy to ask ole kief what works for him,. 300 gallon smartpots,clones Peace OLDSCHOOL

I did not do anything from seed this year simply because I did not get them started in time. I also don't know how I feel about having an undetermined finished product out there sitting in such a large investment (300 gallons of Pro Mix HP, #4 grade perlite, amendments, water system) I like the uniformity of clones. I am going to do a big seed run this winter and find plants I think might do well out door based on various indoor trials in multiple grow rooms this winter and do those plus the Old Betsy, Afwreck / Reefs Cherry Thai , and D.O.G..I also am sure clones grow more vigorously than a mother plant put outside would do. The younger the plant the more aggressive it is growing, as they get older they have had more opportunities for disease, pest, becoming root bound etc., all of which can be recovered from but it is never the same. Out door even if you have supplemental lights like in my garden you only have so much Spring and Summer time to veg...You can not just over veg like indoor to cure any problem and just bud when you want...August rolls around and it's time to bud..Period..So if you spent most the summer recovering then going in to the fall you won't have as much biomass going in to bud as you might if you just had them tear from the beginning. My biggest lesson growing out doors is to have the right timing..if you do not have the right timing for your grow you will not maximize potential of your space...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kiefcake; 07-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kiefcake View Post
    I also am sure clones grow more vigorously than a mother plant put outside would do. The younger the plant the more aggressive it is growing, as they get older they have had more opportunities for disease, pest, becoming root bound etc., all of which can be recovered from but it is never the same. Out door even if you have supplemental lights like in my garden you only have so much Spring and Summer time to veg...You can not just over veg like indoor to cure any problem and just bud when you want...August rolls around and it's time to bud..Period..So if you spent most the summer recovering then going in to the fall you won't have as much biomass going in to bud as you might if you just had them tear from the beginning. My biggest lesson growing out doors is to have the right timing..if you do not have the right timing for your grow you will not maximize potential of your space...

So if you take clones are they not the same "age " as the mother ? Maybe the growing tips would be different. I really like talking with you kief I think one always has to tune and adjust his technique as need be.I have great success with large "seed based " plants but I can never seem to achieve my goals . My plants get huge but 5-6 pounds average is out of reach it seems.I have noticed that I have some plants that go in late and are a younger plant seem to outgrow the large "pot based " plants.Do you top or anything like that ? The timing comment was right on ! well put.You have hit the nail on the head my friend ! I will post some pics up so you can see my gig again. Oldschool