Thread: 2011

Threaded View

I did not do anything from seed this year simply because I did not get them started in time. I also don't know how I feel about having an undetermined finished product out there sitting in such a large investment (300 gallons of Pro Mix HP, #4 grade perlite, amendments, water system) I like the uniformity of clones. I am going to do a big seed run this winter and find plants I think might do well out door based on various indoor trials in multiple grow rooms this winter and do those plus the Old Betsy, Afwreck / Reefs Cherry Thai , and D.O.G..I also am sure clones grow more vigorously than a mother plant put outside would do. The younger the plant the more aggressive it is growing, as they get older they have had more opportunities for disease, pest, becoming root bound etc., all of which can be recovered from but it is never the same. Out door even if you have supplemental lights like in my garden you only have so much Spring and Summer time to veg...You can not just over veg like indoor to cure any problem and just bud when you want...August rolls around and it's time to bud..Period..So if you spent most the summer recovering then going in to the fall you won't have as much biomass going in to bud as you might if you just had them tear from the beginning. My biggest lesson growing out doors is to have the right timing..if you do not have the right timing for your grow you will not maximize potential of your space...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kiefcake; 07-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.