Thread: Dark cycle before harvest - fact or fiction?

Default Dark cycle before harvest - fact or fiction?

I realize this may seem like a silly question. We all know that the dark cycle (24-48 hours) prior to harvesting cannabis does indeed increase trichome production.

However, my question is this - these trichomes are produced in a day or so and are not yet mature, correct? So are they actually worth sacrificing bud growth by cutting the lights?

I read something about this on ICM somewhere, I just can't recall the whole debate, nor can I find the thread.

It doesn't increase trichome production. THe darkness is so that the sugars in the plant will drop into the roots enough so that when you harvest there are no sugars and the bud burns nice and even.
    Genesis 1:29-Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 9:3-Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
    Jesus blessed me with its future,
    and I'll protect it with fire.
    -Rage Against The Machine "Sleep Now In A Fire"

PROP 215 & SB 420 Compliant

I blame ICMag for my misinformation.

dont blame ICmag, blame the tard that told you that hehe. ICmag taught me how to grow better than any book...
    Genesis 1:29-Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
    Genesis 9:3-Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
    Jesus blessed me with its future,
    and I'll protect it with fire.
    -Rage Against The Machine "Sleep Now In A Fire"

PROP 215 & SB 420 Compliant

books taught me how to grow! oh....wait.....i forgot, i don't know shit about growing!
    EX-MOD SQUAD MEMBER!

the only thing dark period may do, is make the rest of your pistils die off... but they won't miraculously grow resin lmao