Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sour Diesel 120, 73, & 25 wet and dry

Quote Originally Posted by tocix View Post
    some best personal bubble Iv seen made in awhile here... great job great instructions ... only thing that I don't fully get the angle is letting your trim an ice sit in a bucket for 20-30 mins before u start stirring ?

otherwise not sure I could have explained it better myself..

props .. lets see more pics.. get some melt shots too!!

-tox
    This hobby is still pretty new to me, but from what I understand the pre-soak is to allow the overall temperature of your ice slurry to get as close to the ice itself as possible, before agitating the trichomes. I guess the idea is that when you add ice water to your ice, your water is still not as cold as it could be... letting it sit with the ice makes it colder? I'll have to try without the pre-soak and compare, I'm curious now.

Workin on the melt pics, still haven't quite figured out how shoot while smoking as the other pros in this site have!

Quote Originally Posted by salad931 View Post
    yooo can you maybe get some pictures of the trim youre using? im doin 3-5 minute hand washes as well with some nice indoor stuff, but gettin no where near the kinda shit yer getting-was hopin to see what kindda quality i would need to get fmcd like that

mad props thanks in advance
    Thanks, I'll try to get some pics of my trim but it's nothing spectacular - I think the key is that it's got a significant proportion of popcorn buds, and I spend a lot of time pulling out yellow leaves + stems.

It is outdoor/light-dep SD. Seems very well-matured to me, which I think it also important for the hash... nice full trichomes.

I do have a photo of a single bud - it's about about 2cm long. These make up a good 40-50% of the trim I use:

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmtastey View Post
    But I have to ask, HOW do you get your 25 looking so good?
    I've been surprised at the 25 myself - though to be clear it's not that melty. Pretty much like your typical hash one used to get before bubble came along. Smells "traditional," which I actually quite like - and I smoke the 25 when I feel like I need shot of espresso as compared to a latte (melty). The sativa trichomes aren't melty, but they do work ;-)

As to why it comes out so clean, perhaps because I wash it with the ice water? Maybe something to do with the maturity/strain of the SD I use....

What you are using definitely looks better than what I've been using. I don't have any of that left or I'd take pictures, but here's what I just recently made with my new Bubblenow XL:

Everyone seems to love the stuff... except for a few who think they make better, in some cases they may be right, in some cases, I'll let those who have smoked it decide! :-D

Actually, one guy who thinks he makes better still loved this stuff!
    Came up later asking for the "earwax".

Oh and Davy, I've noticed that a few of the Pros on here don't actually smoke when they take their pics, but instead have it on a screen, being held by something, with a torch in hand and camera in the other.