Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sour Diesel 120, 73, & 25 wet and dry

Default Sour Diesel 120, 73, & 25 wet and dry

So now that I'm at least ten runs in, I figured I could post some pics here as I continue to improve my process. These are macros of Sour Diesel 120, 73, and 25 in the wet state just after I chopped them up.

I'll post pics of the same batch when it's dry... just wanted to compare them for my own knowledge, and the pics came out kinda cool so I thought I'd share. It's neat seeing the product up close - you can make out individual trichome heads - but it's also humbling, because you can see all the imperfections when it's this detailed.

I guess I gotta keep improving my washing technique to get closer to the purity I want!

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for the great site.

120m Sour Diesel wet

120m Sour Diesel wet (zoom)

73m Sour Diesel wet (still the meltiest, and my personal fave - but my friends seem to like the 120... go figure, I guess FMCD is an acquired taste, who knew?)

73m Sour Diesel wet (zoom)

25m Sour Diesel wet

25m Sour Diesel wet (zoom)

Wicked pics dude. Thanks for sharing. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Thanks! Should be dry in a day or two, I'll make sure to put some pics up for comparison.

Great Lookin hash ya got there! awesome shots man keep it up!

Many thanks for the feedback, folks - finally got some shots of the dry product up... here for your viewing pleasure.

120 Micron Sour Diesel (dry)

73 Micron Sour Diesel (dry) - this is my meltiest yet... practically melts in your hands.

another 73....

25 Micron Sour Diesel (dry)

Hope you all enjoy.... I know I am
    Last edited by Daveytree; 10-05-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: oops, I put 25 micron at first, this is really 120 :-)~

Wow

thanks! ..and oops, i mislabeled the top pic as 25 micron at first... changed it to 120... which is what i happened to be enjoying while i made the post :-)~

amazing pics and quality melt there, thanks for sharing
    Originally Posted by esbe:
    We are not criminals, we grow our own shit and dont want to support gangsters and terrorists. We are freedom fighters and nature lovers and our hobby do not hurt one single person.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

what do you dry/cure it in? is that glass?

How long, and at what conditions (temp and humidity) do you cure it?

Can you give a brief rundown or your technique used to make it?

I read your other thread about using a spoon, which I do as well. I just wanted to know what other considerations you take to achieve such a ig quality finished product.

I see you say you wet down your dry trim, which is something I was planning to do, allow the trim to cure then reconstitute it with a spray bottle to basically moisten it. This will release some of the chlorophyll.

You also said you remove the contaminants with a spray bottle, do you mean remove the contaminants from the trim, or from the finished product, because I can see both making sense.

I have also been planning to rinse out the murky water form the hash on my next batch as I feel this will help reduce the sap like residue that is left behind from the processing water in the finished product that reduces burn quality and purity.

shmalphy:
    Personally I would cure in a glass jar but that is just my opinion.

As far as using wet vs. dry trim...you will always get a better product with less contaminate using wet product. Dry martial can break down much easier than wet.

Now with the spray bottle I say it is a must. A good sprayer with some ice water in it allows you to do a finale wash of your product before you spoon it out of the bag.

You look like you already know a thing or two so I hope this helps you refine your process. Happy Bubbling!