Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stems in Bubble Bags?

Default Stems in Bubble Bags?

Would you run stems from a matured plant through bubble bags? Its really all thats left of the plant and its sitting in a freezer right now.

If not, what would you recommend doing with them? I have a kief box and could run the "you know what" if thats the only option.

Let me know, hopefully soon. Looking to do this tonight. Thanks!
    Proud Bubble Bags owner!

My friend in Norway did it. He was surprised both by the quantity and quality of the product. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Ahh, thanks for the quick response. You think the bubble bags will get any holes in them from it? Its only my 2nd run.
    Proud Bubble Bags owner!

He cut them into 2 inch chunks and agitated mildly. Shouldn't be too bad. Peace GS

Oh wow. Something so simple but I didn't think of it. Thanks for the help GS! Wish I could let you try the final product.
    Proud Bubble Bags owner!

I too have agitated sticks, stems, and rolling tray scraps gently in the Bubblenow, and was pleasantly suprised by the results. Got me through tough times for sure.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Wouldn't it be smarter to agitate OUTSIDE of the bag first and then strain with a metal strainer and then into the work bag?

No. If you only had bags and a bucket, maybe. It would save wear on the bag to mix outside the bag, but still skip the metal strainer. The bag is plenty strong enuff to strain the sticks in, just dont squeze them in the workbag.

The Bubblenow comes with an all-220µ mesh zippered and tied closed bag for washing the material in. (Again, do not squeeze stick batches in it) The water drains out of the Bubblenow machine and into the 220µ work bag ect in the buckets. Any particulate that works its way out during mixing is caught in the upper bags, but its generally not much, depending on the starting materials.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Quote Originally Posted by YukonBikerGuy View Post
    No. If you only had bags and a bucket, maybe. It would save wear on the bag to mix outside the bag, but still skip the metal strainer. The bag is plenty strong enuff to strain the sticks in, just dont squeze them in the workbag.

The Bubblenow comes with an all-220µ mesh zippered and tied closed bag for washing the material in. (Again, do not squeeze stick batches in it) The water drains out of the Bubblenow machine and into the 220µ work bag ect in the buckets. Any particulate that works its way out during mixing is caught in the upper bags, but its generally not much, depending on the starting materials.

YBG
    Hmmm, that is my situation though. I only have a 5 bag set, a bucket, and a paint stirrer. I still am yet to run these stems. I will have to think about this one, but I'll probably agitate in a separate bucket and skip the metal strainer.
    Proud Bubble Bags owner!

Stir by hand. I did it for years before I got my Bubblenow. Peace GS