Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tastey's first Bubblebag run, Unknown & Sour Diesel.

Default Tastey's first Bubblebag run, Unknown & Sour Diesel.

So this isn't actually my first run ever, just my first with Bubbleman's bags, I only used generic bags before and never liked my outcome, so today I'll be making some concentrate with trim from an unknown strain (~1.5 lbs.) and trim from outdoor Sour Diesel (~3 lbs.) Both dry and frozen, the Sour D. is much fresher than the unknown and I'm expecting to pull better quality from it, I've pulled with the unknown before but it was in generic bags, and my yield/quality was never what I wanted it to be.

Some of the Unknown:

Some of the Sour D.:

Mixing in this with a plunger handle:

Pouring into this 5 Gallon 8 bag set:

Which is set up as such to drain out into another bucket if we want to catch the remains to make ale or other beverages, or to drain outside:

I'll be updating this every step of the way over the next couple hours, Time to mix!
    Last edited by hmmmtastey; 01-30-2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Fixin pics, hope I got the right ones...

So I was delayed a bit before I was able to mix, and then before I was able to pour, but here's the mixed (7 minutes) unknown:

And pour into the bags:

(if you notice, we couldn't quite fit it all lol)
    Last edited by hmmmtastey; 01-30-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Trimmed down, fixin pics.

On to the pulling!

Here we have the 190 bag:

I accidentally switched the 160 and the 120 bags so the 160 was pretty empty...
    but this is what the 120 pulled:

Here's the 90 bag:

73:

My favorite, the 45:

Sour D.

And the 25 doesn't seem worth mentioning, it's always too green and so I throw it out or give it away.

So this was my first run with real BubbleBags and I am very pleased, I'm definitely not done yet, and this really isn't even the 10th time I've made concentrate with bubble bags. Any tips would be greatly appreciated... especially if anyone can help me figure out how to make the 25 bag less green, besides washing it, I already do that. :-)
    Happy Smoking's I'll post drying pics later.
    P.S. I'll be editing this post with a few additional pics of the Sour D. pullings.
    Last edited by hmmmtastey; 01-30-2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: grammatical error(s), fixin pics!

Looking forward to seeing more posts, thanks for sharing your process.

Regarding the "too green" 25u, I am no expert here but as someone who works exclusively with outdoor Sour Diesel, I can share with you what works for me:

- don't mix too hard or too long (3-5 minutes is what I'm doing these days), and;
    - be careful not to let the wet mixture sit for too long... the longer it sits, the more vegetable matter will be broken down and mixed in with your trichomes
    - you mentioned washing, and that's what makes a big difference for my hash... a good spray bottle filled with ice cold water.

Looking forward to seeing what your dry product looks like!

Thanks Davey, tomorrow(later today) I'll be running the outdoor Sour D. I have. I managed to pick out almost 200 grams of buds that I'm going to run separate from the trim so I can really do quality control runs to *see* the difference between buds, leaves, and mixed...

Anyways, here are a few pics of this stuff drying. I can't get great quality because I don't have a camera, just the one built-in my laptop but it's better than nothing, and even the 25 doesn't look so bad today, somewhat grayish and sandy.

They're in a nonstick pan with paper-towels on top/tucked under to keep contaminates out because I don't have any kind of screen yet.
    Last edited by hmmmtastey; 01-30-2012 at 04:09 AM. Reason: fixin pics... again lol

take a close look at those other bags. I dont even smoke the 45u .. i give it to my daughter. My best ... especially with sour D or the other fuely strains ... is in the 120/ 90 bags ... so since you dont have the 90 bag ... look very closely at the 120/73 bags .. my bet is that will be your meltiest and best.
    Nam myoho renge kyo

I actually have all 8 bags, I just mixed up two of the bags before, but here is the Sour D. after it's been run and lain on screens:
    In clockwise order *starting from top left* the grades are 90µ, 120µ, 73µ, 45µ

The 73 looks mighty fine, I ran 100g of mostly untrimmed Sour D. I did a few more runs but this was by far the best

Also I forgot to mention, I'm running the Sour D. for someone else, and they don't care about potency as much, as long as I pull a certain amount, so I'll prolly be mixing things around a bit. Should be interesting to see how it goes and I'll keep you guys updated most of the way.

More drying pics of the Sour D.:

My friends and I all agreed this one looks kind of like a vagina:

I'm back after thanksgiving break, hope everyone had a good one!
    Here's a nice ounce of concentrate beginning the Curing process
    Last edited by hmmmtastey; 01-30-2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Clarification, addition, pic fix

Looks like some nice hash - perhaps this is not the best thread to discuss it, but I'm psyched to see some talk about the pros/cons of Sour-D and which screens smoke the best.

@Babbabud, I have to agree with you about the 120/73 being the meltiest for my Sour-D (outdoor, BTW).... and @Hmmmtastey I was doing the same thing about the 25, basically ignoring it or giving it away because it was so much less melty... the weird thing is that everyone I gave it to kept telling me it was the best hash they've smoked!

So I thought I'd give it a fair shot, and sure enough it doesn't melt as much but it's some damn good smoke. I'd compare the 120/73 full melt to a nice fancy latte, and the 25 to a shot of espresso.... perhaps this is just my particular strain of Sour-D though. I'm using a 3-5 minute mix maximum, and lots of washing, so it comes out pretty clean.

I read that Sour-D is a mostly Sativa hybrid, which would explain why I yield so much less on of the 120 compared to the 25. Anyway, just some thoughts... would love to hear any other observations on how Sour-D hash smokes.

Indeed the 73µ came out the most melty for me, and I was surprised at how the 120µ and 90µ both bubbled. The 45µ is not so bubbly but still pretty potent, and after the 25µ dried it took on a very gray hue. I still call the 25µ "Cooking grade," at the very least I'm not willing to try it.

Btw, I have created a Sour D. post where there should be no qualms with talking about, you guessed it, Sour Diesel! Find it here: http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/...3986#post73986

Incedently, i have heard the same about the 25 bag.
    The reasoning, I assume, is that sativas have smaller trichome heads.