Thread: Sour Diesel, Go! or No?

Default Sour Diesel, Go! or No?

Well, I say go, I think at least a few others may as well...

So basically my first actual BubbleBag run (found here http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/...ead.php?t=7354) has given me the idea to start a Sour D. thread!
    (Sour D. pics are near the bottom of the first page)

In my limited experience so far, I have pulled melt (though maybe not quite full [more washing]) from the (surprisingly) 120µ, 90µ 73µ and 45µ. The 73µ, for me, being the best.

Enough about me, I want to see what other people are pulling from their Sour Diesel, is it indoor or outdoor? Which yields better quality? Do you grow it, what do you use, etc.

I love this stuff and I know others do too!

P.S. Last poster gets a spiffy prize!
    Last edited by hmmmtastey; 11-28-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Now I guess I'll add an early edition, I've noticed that when removing all except the 220µ, 160µ, and 45µ, (and optionally the 25µ), the end product, which comes out larger in mass than each individual bag, seems to be less melty when it is all dry, have others experienced this as well, and is it normal? I'm in the process of curing, but I don't know if it makes a difference towards the melt factor. Can anyone expand on this?

And a pic:
    A nice lil jar containing 1oz. of Sour Diesel concentrate, beginning the cure.
    Last edited by hmmmtastey; 11-28-2011 at 08:55 PM.

For me, the meltiness is not affected by curing, and I try to get it as dry as possible before putting it in a jar - one week in a very dry environment seems to work for me.

I dry by putting the chopped wet product in a *loosely* folded pouch made from parchment paper, and I rest it on folded paper towels in a dry room. The pouch keeps dust and hair from landing on my piles, and since it's parchment it is also porous and lets the moisture wick through to the paper towels. I switch out the moist paper towels every day with fully dry ones until the cure is complete.

My most melty hash *does* tend to change consistency with the weather: when it's cold outside, the hash tends to be harder, and when it's warm out, the hash tends to be softer & more pliable. But it smokes the same every time, whether it's cold or warm out: boiling, bubbly goodness.