Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EE Solvent-less wax (Photos by Ben Ramsey)

Excellent pics! I'm assuming you don't use a machine for this like I just recently started doing. Using my 2 minute hand-run method, I don't even pull ANYTHING like this, the best I got looked like brown sugar. Unfortunately though I don't have near the experience you do, been stuck in the 707 since my inception, best I have to go off of is Rize's how to video, which really just made me want a Bubblenow (which I have now yay), and tips or tricks of folks who have only ever made inferior product (basically I've learned what NOT to do, it's a huge list).

Anyways, I am in AWE! No offense to Matt Rize, but I thought his stuff looked good, I have something even above that to aspire to. By the way Matt, I'm getting close to ice wax like yours ;-)

Little ditty -- Water acts as a solvent because it is polar, THC is secreted as a glandular stalked trichome that is covered in a non-polar wax; because of this wax, in this instance water is not acting as a solvent.
    Thinking of it this way, it's easier for one to understand why they chose the term "Solvent-less"
    Last edited by hmmmtastey; 12-27-2011 at 12:57 AM.

No, as Nikka has clearly stated in these forums, it was a marketing decision to put a new name on thier water extracted hash. Marketing... sell it better.... thats why 'solvent-less'.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Give thanks for the praise. a machine was used for these... and the name was not given solely for marketing purposes.... But it definitely plays a role in distinguishing our product from others.. Bless

YBG, I'm actually in school studying business and marketing, so I can tell you that marketing is not just to "sell it better", but rather to fill a need that exists, which I'd say Nikka definitely does with this stuff.

Nikka, I wish to thank you for your humility and services to med patients, you are a great example of the fact that one can do anything they put their mind to!
    Also, most people I talk to don't seem to think you can pull something like this using a machine, I am quite elated to learn that, in fact, it is possible.

I have to disagree with you on that Matt, my hash is chopped, dried to perfection/cured, and when I puff it on my screen it still bubbles and melts....hence why I prefer calling it full melt bubble hash/full melt clear dome when the name ensues. but yes wet hash can bubble and melt as well....but usually people can tell the difference....at least I can, from my experience when there is still moisture in the product, the domes will be cloudy looking from the water vapor.
    Originally Posted by esbe:
    We are not criminals, we grow our own shit and dont want to support gangsters and terrorists. We are freedom fighters and nature lovers and our hobby do not hurt one single person.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Quote Originally Posted by kushkommander View Post
    ...the domes will be cloudy looking from the water vapor.
    This is true, I know this fellow who claims a "24-hour guaranteed 'drying' method" I don't have the heart to tell him he's just pressing water into his product creating a kind of fishy/hashy smelling emulsion.

My Sour D. wax still bubbles, but not nearly as much as when I first made some and tried a little pressed between my fingers with water still present.
    The bubbles themselves are much finer and less pronounced when it's dry, but they are there none-the-less, especially when pressed. However, given this fact, I still don't call it "bubble hash" like most in SR everyone seems to. Also I do not like the term "Full melt clear dome" as most ice water extracted hash leaves some kind of residue (even it's if it's a minute amount of clean white ash) where as when I used to make BHO, it really did fully melt clear dome... to nothing!

I digress, "clear dome"? If dried properly, yes. "full melt" Not likely, no offense, but I've even seem videos of Matt Rize's dabs that leave some residue, less than most but still. "Bubble hash"? If there's water in it yes, if not it's less so, but given that, I have still had a half-gram bowl of Sour D. wax that bubbled for 45 minutes before it finally stopped and smoked for another 45(granted, 3 of us smoking it, all of us using the "vape hit technique" A.K.A. NEVER letting the flame touch whatever is loaded in the bowl)

Can't we just call it the bomb-diggity? Who really cares what how it bubbles? If it smokes and gets you high it's good right?

I thought I had fucked up, because the bubble was so dry. It lost 1/3 of its weight after pressing.
    Well, it was still the melty-melt.
    THC is an oil, or terpenoid, not an alkaloid as some suggest. So its not water bubbling. Its the bubble hash.It can appear dry, but thats like the trichomes coating or something