Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life after bubble. No waste

The more saturated a fat, the more cannabinoids it can dissolve and the more readily the cannabinoids will dissolve in it. That's why coconut oil is ideal, it's nearly 100% saturated but is healthy and is metabolized more quickly and completely than any other kitchen fat. Any fat will work, but especially with oils, be sure it cools before you bake with it. Hot oil will steal volume from baked goods. Make your cannaoil strong so you can constitute half of a recipe's shortening with it. You'll retain more of the dish's texture and flavor that way. I strongly advise clarifying it when cooling or for long term storage. Put it in a sealed tupperware while still hot, and bathe that in a bowl of icewater. Shake it every few minutes. This will keep it from seperating as it cools and sets.
    Last edited by Criceolation; 06-24-2012 at 04:52 AM.
    “For the sake of future generations, we MUST collect and study wild and weedy relatives of our cultivated plants as well as the domesticated races. These sources of germplasm have been dangerously neglected in the past, but the future may not be so tolerant. In the plant breeding programs of tomorrow we cannot afford to ignore any source of useable genes.”
    - J R Harlan

I would like to know how much wet trim per or oz of oil? Thanks

I tried to make the canna oil last night with pure corn oil had about 2 lbs of wet material after my bubble hash run put it in a big sauce pan with 1000ml of corn oil and cooked under very low heat for 2 hours than strain and put in Tupperware but its been 2 days and it doesn't get hard the oil so I can seperate what did I do wrong thanks