Thread: Dry ice & bubble bags, 40+ Lbs. Of trial and error.

Lightbulb Dry ice & bubble bags, 40+ Lbs. Of trial and error.

Hello, being a new member I thought I'd share what I've learned this year. 2011 was a FLOODED growing season in Cali., as a result I've had tons of frosty lovely trim and popcorn at my disposal. I'm not joking when I say I've processed WELL over 50 lbs in the first few weeks of october. Ive got a photo of 6.5 lbs of varing hash pressed into 1/4lbs bars, hashhead fort knox! Might have balls to post that soon
    Ive run ice water, alch, bho, dry screen, even threw some in the cuisinart and scraped the kif off the sides. This is by far my favorite process, start to end, layed out for you!

You will need, bubble bags (220, 73, 25),2 buckets for your bags, 10# bag of slab dry ice, ice chest, pan of water held at 150, food saver bags and sealer. Ok, lets go!

Place your slabs of dry ice on the bottom of the cooler, throw your frozen material on top of dry ice and close the lid. Let it sit for at least half an hour, stirring the trim by hand every 5 minutes or so. Gently, so cold itll powder right up.
    Now that it's hella cold. Cut the bottom off one bucket, stick it inside the 220, 220 into the 73, 73 into the 25, other bucket whole over the whole mess.
    Drop a few large handfuls into the top bucket, along with a couple marble sized pieces of dry ice.
    Swirl, swirl, shake, sounds silly? Try the gentle rythm. Swirl, swirl, shake. Lol. Big inside joke. Shake er gently for a minute, I only run frosty trim, so I stop when it looks spent. Pull the spent herb, which still makes great butter, refill the setup and repeat!
    I run about 1-2 lbs before I pull bags and collect. The

Default Oops...... Continued

The 73 bag collects ALOT and its wondeful, the 25 bag on the other hand, I cant even bring that shit out to often. Lol, my wife refuses to smoke it during the week cause she wakes up wrecked.
    Kif, kif, kif, what to do with it all? Remember the hot water? I make a foodsaver bag pouch the size of a paperback book, put in a qp of kif, seal it and keep it submerged in 150 degrees water for an hour, hit it with a rolling pin, transfer the now malleable lump into a thin samdwich bag, and into mini muffin loaf pan. I top the was in the pan with a piece of steel I cut to fit, stick it in my garage vise, and let it sit an hour to fully cool in the vise.
    Why heat and press? Ask the guys who made hash in the 60s and still have some, not only will it keep for ever, it ages like fine wine! I have smoked 30+year old hash, its entirely differnt at that point.

nice thread...blessings

Great Thread...thanks!
    We tryed this 4 our 1st time last week & its a great method.

I love it, instant results are so satisfying!

Just thought id share.
    The hash I made this way from outdoor blueberry kush in october got its jar cracked into today.
    Report......
    Zero mold/mildew without vacuum seal.
    Outside of the qp bar lightened up, while the inside darkened slightly? Oils moving? Idk?
    Better than I expected, seems slightly meltier? Definiately way stonier. WAY BLUEBERRIER!! You seem to retain alot of terpenes with dry sift, imho a benefit to the light contamination.
    What ive learned is.......
    If youve got quantity and are gonna keep it around, press it, jar cure it like whole herbs, and store it like pot.

I want to see Fort Knox, post up some pics my man!

I will try to post some brick wall photos soon. At the moment my dinosaur computer (runs on a steam engine), has given up on life. Fortunatley this day and age, one can operate in life with a smart phone alone! Im only around thanks to my droid. I heart my droid very much.