Thread: 25 bag woes any input?

Default 25 bag woes any input?

Hi I just started using the bubble xl w/ 8 20 gallon bags, and I am spending more time trying to get the 25 bag to drain than the entire process put together... I have the machine draining into a 20 gallon garbage can that I installed a drain on the bottom, which drains into a separate can. Once about half the water drains, relatively quickly it just sits, at a painfully slow trickle at best. It really won't drain at all without me lifting the bag.

What methods are folks using? any advice? I feel like scrapping the bag as it takes me about an hour to empty, which is the longest part of the process.

thanks!!

Lift the bag, then let it drop a short distance and catch it briskly. Imagine you're lifting up a kid, and you want to make him think you're going to drop him. It causes the particulate that's settled to the bottom and is clogging your bag's pores to raise up rapidly, while the water rushes down and out. If done right, you can drain a 20+ gallon set in under 30 seconds. It's all about catching it in a quick, firm snap. This works for all sizes, but it's hard to make a short enough drop not to splash out of a one gallon set. You can also paddle the bottom of the bag with a gentle but rapid spanking motion. Use a tool or you'll freeze your hand off, but the drop method is undeniably the best and fastest.

yup.. thats exactly what i do.. the old jerk and tug method lol
    lift the bag and while the resin is in the air.. the water will drain thru.. takes me less than 10 seconds with a 5 gallon bag..
    Now that being said... this is when the bags are being used properly.. running a 20gallon work bag thru a 5 gallon set of bags.. will actualy clog up the bags.
    My two cents
    Bubble man

So my personal 25u Complaints are because im running 5gal work bag, then through 1gal? Sorry to butt in bubbleboldt. Just curious. Hey b-man, when I tap the bottom of the 25 to drain it the water coming out starts to cloud and look oily. I think tapping helps more material move through the screen.

thanks for the input everyone! I guess I just need to try harder haha... I can say I am gonna have some guns after a few weeks of this.

When using the bubble XL in combo w/ 20 gallon bags, what typically should be my total drainage (considering the water I use, plus the ice that melts) I am averaging about 12 gallons which I think is part of the problem with the 25 bag, when I get to it it still has about 4-6 gallons in it which is heavy! I am going to go get a hot water heater jacket for it today to help insulate and minimize melting, just curious what everyone else's drainage is...

The jerk & tug method drains bags nice and quick in my experience as well.

YBG
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo