Thread: First Micro -Lighting/stealth question

Default First Micro -Lighting/stealth question

Hi all,

So I have narrowed my project down to three viable options.

A) 6.5/6.5/6.5 wooden unit
    Lights: 2 600W HPS Digital
    vent: 1 8" CANFAN connected to a 8" to 6" converter. This connects to a 6"/6"/6" wye duct. Two lengths of Flexible silver ducting run into the hoods of the HPS lights.

This unit should (by my calculations) hold 1-16 plants depending on size and grow method.

B) 6/4/6 Wooden unit
    Lights: 2 400W OR 2 600W HPS Digital
    Vent: vent: 1 8" CANFAN daisy chaining the lights

This unit should (by my calculations) hold 1-10 plants depending on size and grow method.

C) 6/3/5.5 Wooden extension on the closet
    Lights: 2 400W OR 2 600W HPS Digital
    Vent: vent: 1 8" CANFAN daisy chaining the lights OR two 6" fans one on each light.

This unit should (by my calculations) hold 3-6 plants depending on size and grow method.

ok, so I am working this in an apartment so things need to be quiet, an 8" fan is the largest I can go. I also am working with limited space, the 6.5/6.5/6.5 being the largest space I could take up. So now, my questions

1) If I run two 600W lights plus the CANFAN and airflow fans inside the unit, will I run into any electricity problems?

2) should I pay the extra 200 and get digital ballasts or stick to good old Magnetic?

3) Is there anything I am missing from the units? anything I could improve on? Construction has yet to start so please be as honest as you would like.

Why would you suggest a tent rather than a box?

Personally rather than buying a tent or building a box, just grab some tarp and tarp the floor, walls, ceiling and doorway. You can grab a tarp zipper to make a zip doorway. Much cleaner, easier to keep a stable environment; plus if you spill anything the place is protected. In addition it's a tad bit easier on the wallet, if you want to spend a bit extra you can use reflective sheeting that comes in 50 foot rolls instead of the tarp; which is what I have personally run. Most rolls go for $1.50 a foot or a whole roll for around 48 bucks.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.

I actually forgot to ask if your using the entire room or a portion of the room or a closet your extending. Also if there is a window, anything not grow related in the room?

Meh, ill just say that if your using the whole room go with what I said above. If your using the closet do the same thing; only using reflective sheet since the area is relatively small. ( option C). If you have no other choice on the space required then still do the tarp with reflective sheeting and sheet of a corner of the room.
    Last edited by BigManNew; 03-22-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    M.A.N. Glass Art

“Only that in you, which is me, can hear what I'm saying.” ~ Ram Dass
    "Creativity tends to feed more creativity. Experiencing other people's work makes a better artist." ~ Jonathan
    "If it smells like trout, get the hell out. If it smells like cologne, leave it alone. If it doesn't smell at all, give me a call!" ~ Jebub

Friends don't let friends use BHO.