Thread: Advanced Hydroponic Systems

Thumbs up Advanced Hydroponic Systems

Hey guys have you heard of a system called the UC Systems? The UC stands for Under Current. We actually started using this design back in 2005 before the UC systems were introduced.

Our design is very similar to the UC design except we have modified items added like a Bio-Filter in case you want to use organics or run bacteria type products.

Anyhow I thought maybe there would be a interest in this style or method of growing?

We have over the years tested MANY different type nutrients and methods for growing in water culture and built up a rather large database that makes a wonderful reference tool.

I will post some of the recent studies and nutrient programs for water culture systems.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in any particular nutrient brand information or testing results. We have covered most popular brands but not all.

Some growers have been soured with water culture systems in the past due to root rot or slime and sludge problems, and we concentrated especially on how to avoid and solve these type issues.

Currently testing a very special 2 part enzyme/bacteria product that is designed to eat away bio-slime inside of pipes and hard to reach places. I am working with a company that makes CareFree products to treat ponds and aquariums. These guys are experts in this field and provided priceless information to help us with our research and testing.

I will have more on these in the upcoming weeks as we prepare for some trial testing.

Cheers!

Sounds interesting, I personally love any form of DWC if I'm going to be doing hydro, it's simple and very effective, I would usually rather do soil because of the flavor but I am still interested in hydro for many reasons. I have some friends that tried (and failed) to build their own system like the UC, however when they asked for my advice whatever I said was disregarded and they didn't just let me build the system as I have experience and they don't... cest la vie!

Looking forward to seeing some posts, I love data :-D
    Peace, Tastey
    Everything I post is really the work of a Mysterious Purple Rhino named Lazarus, he's 'cool', and he talks to me sometimes...