Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bubble Box photo essay, how to make full melt dry sift

Default The Bubble Box photo essay, how to make full melt dry sift

Well i would like to first welcome everyone to these new boards, today is our first day up and im quite excited about it. I want to first give a HUGE props to hillbillieonpcp for realy taking the bull by the horns and creating this new site.
    I want to start today with a photo essay on the bubblebox, the first multiple screen box available on the net. The bubblebox is a three screen box, that allows you not only to extract the resins thru dry sift technique's, but also to clean and seperate out into a few grades. MY main interest in releasing this box was to teach people how they could turn the small amounts of dry sift they are currently making, either from their joint rolling or the breaking up of bud for vaporizing, into a full melt product. Producing a full melt dry sift is not as easy as it may seem> it can be done with single screens sometimes, but the key word there is SOMETIMES. The colder it is for dry sifting the better, and the infamous freezer method works great, but not eveyrone has freezing weather outside or a walk in freezer. For the rest of us there is the three screen bubble box. The top screen is a 120lpi-140u and is for breaking up your nugget on top of. Gland heads and contaminant will fall thru this one, ( this is the grade of dry sift most people smoke), but we are gonna clean it up once it drops to the next screen. The next screen is the 140lpi-107u, This screen will push thru the majority of our heads that are below 106 microns. My favorite gland heads and the ones i find the most melty are often found between the 106 and 70u. YOu will want to gently take your card( that comes with the box or any plastic card you have handy) and swaft if back and forth over the resin. this will push thru any heads that are smaller than 107u and leave any contaminant or heads that are larger. For me the grade that is left on this second screen, is PERFECT for vaporizing. it seems to be a good ratio of glands to plant matter for perfect vapo hits. ONce you are done with this screen, you get to the final and last screen the 200lpi-70u. Now many of you may be confused but this will be your full melt dry sift ( the heads that stay on TOP of this screen), now common sense tells us the best will be on the plate below the final screen, but actualy those will be much smalller heads and contaminant. This final screen can take time, so be patient, the longer you push the card around gently with these heads, the cleaner a product you will get. The 70u and bigger heads won't push thru the screen as you are gently pushing the resin around the scren with the card. The contaminant and smaller heads will go thru, but the larger heads will sit nicely on top of your screen> YOu know you are getting close when the dry sift is sparkling like diamonds. this is what we are looking for. If you want to know how close your getting, once you see that lovely sparkling you can try a little hit and see what it does. YOu can see by the photo's after about fifteen minutes of gently rubbing the resin back and forth ( gently because if you do it hard, you will heat up the resin and depending on its purity it will start to melt). I put a little into my roor and light it with a match gently and as you can see, its melting lovely. ON the bottom plate of your box, you will find a very light material, this is mostly smaller heads and contaminant, still great for adding to joints ( if you smoke them ) or cooking with.
    well there it is folks, please if you have any questions, shoot away, otherwise i hope to see many more pictures of people's full melt dry sift's they have made with multiple screens, be it the bubblebox or your own homemade version. Show us how its done...

peace
    bubble man

Last edited by Bubbleman; 11-28-2007 at 11:04 PM.

these are the types of post you can expect here, wonderful first post bubbleman...this site would not be possible without the help of Hellofyesteryear, so big ups to you hell

I need one of these so bad!

Yes hillbillieonpcp my bad i should have mentioned the great work of Helyesteryear, he has done a GREAT JOB ,

Now lets see some dry sift shots guys

Bubbleman

I Just got me a bubblebox today..so as soon as I get home she is gonna start getting put to great use...and I'll be sure to share some pics...DLB

Mmmmm think that was Congo dry sieve in that box.No? Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

damn nice tutorial bubbleman!
    many props to you and all those that made it possible here.
    one day i wont be so poor lol.
    peace,
    pwf

I really think the box looks awsome. The finish on it looks high quality and the little gold keys are cool. Maybe Santa will drop one off.

instead of leaving santa milk and cookies, leave him a roor and ice cubes!

More shots anyone?