Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hydro, Talk amongst yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by LostCoaster View Post
    some terraponic (?) herb, handwatered with the highest quality nutes in promix. Is that what people mean when they say terraponic?
    Nice buds LostCoaster.

Terraponics is growing in a soiless grow medium, kind of 1/2 way between soil and hydroponics. I use sunshine mix #4 (or promix) and 1/3 perlite in 3 gallon pots. Gives excellent root structure, gives me the ability to turn the plants and shuffle thier position if I need to, and I can easily flush the pots (the mix drains and drys easily), and I use mainly hydroponic nutrients, with a few supplements, hand watered.
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo

Did you see the specs in my post? Are you saying a 400w HPS light system is skimping for a 3 to 6 plant Bubbleponic system? I think that would be ample lighting especially for 10 sq ft space? What would you recomend??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyballbag View Post
    "The lighting system is important...but you can get by with much less expensive light set ups with these Bubbleponic type systems IMHO....." Keep in mind photosynthesis. It'd be counter productive to have a high performance hydro system with mediocre lighting. Kinda like having a ferrari and putting 87 octane in it. Give your plants the very best nutrients available, put it under a crappy light, and watch your crappy growth rates. Another thing to remember, in the BEST of conditions indoors, you're only going to achieve maybe 1/4 of the intensity of the sun. Don't skimp on lighting and tell yourself you'll make it up with a hydro system. Your garden is only as productive as the weakest link in your garden.

You mention using a 400, then you say something about a "dual spectrum light on ebay for $100." If it's dual spectrum and only $100, what kind of light is it?

there is a lot of basic information I think you have skipped over. Plenty of established forums online with years of growing info cached. I like to help but I learned everything I know from days and days studying online and also experience.