Thread: Did I chop it up enough?

Default Did I chop it up enough?

Hey guys!

First of all, I have to throw out the obligatory undying thanks! Everyone here and elsewhere in the hash community has changed the way I look at every crop, and uncovered a whole new canna-passion for me. To think I was throwing trim away before makes me shudder.

So tonight I did my first run. Everything went swimmingly, but I had a couple questions.

1.) Did I chop it up enough? I've read BubbleMan say that it should be pretty close to powder consistency.

2.) the 25 micron hash seemed much greener than I was expecting, and certainly greener than the 45 micron. Does that mean it's got more contaminant? Any ideas on what may have happened?

I don't know if it's relevent, but the strain I was using was MK. Also, I was using a generic brand of bubble bags (wanted to learn with some cheap ones, so I can do all my messing up worry-free.) These are the ones: http://tinyurl.com/cxjeasg

I really appreciate everyone's feedback!

Oops! Forgot the pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images

it looks chopped up enough to me.. i would spread it thinner on the cardboard though.. let there be tons of surface area of hash touching cardboard and you will see it dry better. (dessicant)
    25u often comes out darker.. green may be from over mixing fresh material .. you can release water soluble chlorophyl.. it should dry out and lose that tinge of green.

Bubble man

I would not cure it on cardboard.
    http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/...pictureid=2376
    “For the sake of future generations, we MUST collect and study wild and weedy relatives of our cultivated plants as well as the domesticated races. These sources of germplasm have been dangerously neglected in the past, but the future may not be so tolerant. In the plant breeding programs of tomorrow we cannot afford to ignore any source of useable genes.”
    - J R Harlan

Any other tips other than i wouldnt do that? Criceolation..
    i have never had aproblem with triple ply cardboard.. i photograph my hash afterwords with a macro lens and have never scene any cardboard fibres or partciluate if dont properly..
    what are you finding success with?

Bman

A 23 micron sceen, unbleached parchment paper and/or nonstick baking trays.
    “For the sake of future generations, we MUST collect and study wild and weedy relatives of our cultivated plants as well as the domesticated races. These sources of germplasm have been dangerously neglected in the past, but the future may not be so tolerant. In the plant breeding programs of tomorrow we cannot afford to ignore any source of useable genes.”
    - J R Harlan

I find the lack of a dessicant doesnt quite dry the bubble propery.. I have seen quite a few people doing this parchment paper thing.. but alot of the hash i've seen ( that people think is dry ) has been absolutely soaking wet.
    Nice to see Subcool finally telling people he's been making wet bubble for years.. now he's starting to get it broken up properly and dried.

Peace
    Bubble man

I don't think you can ever break it up too much...I use a microplane and a knife to get mine to a ultra fine consistency for drying. Happy hashing all in2013!!