Thread: Arizer Solo for hash?

Default Arizer Solo for hash?

I bought the Arizer Solo vaporizer last year to enjoy my bud harvest and I love the thing. In fact, although I saved all my trim and still have some left overs, I never got around to making any bubble, because it was just so easy to use. But now, my stash is getting older and I figure I'm better off to salvage the best of it by processing it with my bags.

After having a 1 gallon 8 bag set for over 2 years, I finally made my first run this past weekend. I was intimidated to try it, but in fact, once I'd finished I loved the process. I'm just waiting for it to dry before I taste it. I'll just use my glass pipe first, to see if I actually achieved some bubble, but, if there is any chance of using the Solo for it I'll be grateful if anyone can give me some hints.

I was looking at the bubblebag.com site last week (looking for proper buckets for the 1 gallon kit), and I noticed that they sell the Arizer Solo. I have read that bubble man only sells products the he personally endorses on the site, so, I assume that there must be a way to smoke bubble hash in it.

Of course, there was a little blurb from bubble man about the new trippy stix vape. Is this a superior vape for hash?

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm looking forward to trying the fruits of my labour in a few more days.

Peace,

Curious Bones
    Last edited by CuriousBones; 01-07-2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: typo in the title

Well i do indeed love my Solo.. For bubblehash i was breaking up a good amount of hash and remixing it into some dried herb. The solo due to the way it works , needs the bubble to be mixed with herb. The trippy stix on the other hand doesnt vape herb but you can toss bubble right in and get some most amazing hits. ( i have hit mine in countless restaurants). Glad you finally ran your bubblebags and enjoyed the process , it is indeed fun to see the spoils of your labour come to life in the bags.
    anyway let me know if you have more questions or pop into chat and come say hello
    peace
    Bubble man

Thanks Bubbleman,
    I'm REALLY happy you responded. I'll give the hash and pot "salad" a try in my Solo after I test it in my glass pipe. If I'm going to be as pleased with the bubble as I'm expecting, I'll order a trippy stix at some point as well.

I had a great conversation with Rachel when I placed my order for some buckets, pipe screens and a tightvac mini. She was very helpful. I'd like to thank you and your team for such professional customer service.

I'll keep you posted on my first taste. Also, I will post more questions as I keep up with my new favorite hobby. I was wondering what the best way to break up the wet hash. Is a credit card the best way or should I use a knife? I read some one's post that they used a microplane - is that too rough?

Thanks,

Curious Bones

There was a product available in Fall 2012, The Micro-Dab, that would let you use your Arizer Solo with bubble, sift, scissor and rosin. Unfortunately, it appears to not be available anymore on Amazon (only source I found). I can confirm this an efficient and very flavorful way to enjoy some bubble with your Solo. Wish I bought more than one.

Thanks. I wonder why it was so short lived. I appreciate the info though. At least I know what to look out for.

Peace,
    CuriousBones

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousBones View Post
    was wondering what the best way to break up the wet hash. Is a credit card the best way or should I use a knife? I read some one's post that they used a microplane - is that too rough?

Thanks,

Curious Bones
    You may have already found it, but I've read some good discussions on this in the Techniques forum... personally I use a metal spoon to scrape it apart, then finish with a credit card. For me, half the technique is breaking the paddies apart at *just* the right moment. Too early and it clumps together, and too late it gets hard to chop without damaging it.

People say that using a knife can damage the tricomes, so I avoid that. I don't know enough about the microplaning technique to comment on it.