Thread: bubble Micron size?

Cool bubble Micron size?

I purchased a (steel)grinder off EBay and the screen was wobbly so I contacted the seller and they sent me a new screen compartment, so I was thinking of a way to use the old compartment for something instead of throwing it away. I came up with the Idea to turn it into a bubble grinder, but I don't know what size micron screen to use?

I want the best bubbly dry sift and I am saving for a bubble box but I think this would be a great travel version.

If I can find out what size is the best to use and can find it somewhere I will post a guide on how to make your own.

if its from a steel grinder, i would guess the size of the screen will be around 120u to 140u.
    A decent size for doing dry sifting, but idealy you would get a secondary much tighter screen to clean what dry sift you do collect from your metal screen.

MY two cents

Bubble man

I have the metal screen that came with it and an extra screen compartment. I am going to take the extra screen compartment and add a smaller micron screen to it so I can collect the bubble at the bottom, the middle screen will be kief, and the top is where the green is collected.

I just need to know what size screen I should use for OPTIMUM bubble and maybe a place that sells it.

High Arp, well the top screen is 140 microns the bottom screen should be 60 microns. What rests on the 60 microns is the bomb. Dust and other contaminants will fall through the 60, what is left on the 140 is throw away. Experiment & have a great smoke! RR