Thread: New to the process and had a couple questions

Default New to the process and had a couple questions

I just have a few questions about the process I'm not too sure on. I've read about a few ways of mixing and I dont know which is the best. Ive been lining the bucket with all 8 bags and mixing with an electric mixer. But I keep reading about mixing in just the work bag and pouring the mix into the other 7 bags. Would it be a bad idea to just mix in an unlined bucket and then pour into all 8 bags? And is it a good idea to let the water settle a second time after pulling the work bag? And finally, I'm having serious problems draining the 25 and 45 bag. The 25 micron bag takes twice as long to drain than the whole process. Any ideas other than jiggling the shit out of it? Thanks for your help guys/gals.

Quote Originally Posted by capnkirktm View Post
    I just have a few questions about the process I'm not too sure on. I've read about a few ways of mixing and I dont know which is the best. Ive been lining the bucket with all 8 bags and mixing with an electric mixer. But I keep reading about mixing in just the work bag and pouring the mix into the other 7 bags. Would it be a bad idea to just mix in an unlined bucket and then pour into all 8 bags? And is it a good idea to let the water settle a second time after pulling the work bag? And finally, I'm having serious problems draining the 25 and 45 bag. The 25 micron bag takes twice as long to drain than the whole process. Any ideas other than jiggling the shit out of it? Thanks for your help guys/gals.
    First thing you want to do is ditch the electric mixer. A large wooden spoon is your best bet. I mix in the work bag with the 7 other bags in the bucket to keep the process as simply as possible. Less lifting and transferring of water. Some people do not mix in the work bag because they feel it prolongs the life of the work bag. You do not need to let the water settle a second time. Lastly, to drain the 25u and 45u in 10 seconds, one must use the jerk and drop method.

"Closing this bag at the top and grasping it tightly while lifting it out of the bucket makes for quick and easy draining, the trick is to give it a quick jerk upwards.By dropping the bag down six inches after jerking it upward, you allow the water to pass thru the screen while the resin is floating off the screen. Doing this a few times in a row will quickly drain a slow draining bag."

http://www.bubblebag.com/instruction...g_detailed.php

Ignore the spam and welcome to the forums.