Thread: Infusion necessary for cooking?

Question Infusion necessary for cooking?

Does THC need to be piggybacked on the back of fats and oils etc in order to make it through the gateways in the gut to your bloodstream?

Is it a waste of bubble to just throw it into your cooking? It is already seperated from the starting materials. No fats etc are required in the process, so are they really crucial for the eater?

I would appreciate advice from the folk out there that have cooked with bubble.

Cheers
    Last edited by Afghancamel; 03-12-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: To ensure replies are in English

You can put enough bubble into an already fatty food and find it's effects but they will be diminished, and a poor use of quantity for the desired potency. I've found when cooking for myself or patience that using coconut oil w/ soy lecithin added, or even butter it's been much more effective. I can pull up the science of it if your curious, but suffice that will keep ya from wasting any precious material unnecessarily. Will elaborate on anything you need

Thank you Modern Cannabist...

I recently cooked (made butter first, then into cakes) for the first time after 40 years of smoking and I can't believe how much useful trim/small immature head etc I've binned over the years... I love the stone and the length you get from eating and the fact you use what would ordinarily be hard to give away as smoko. I am a convert big time.

Now, within weeks, I discover bubble hash after 40 years of smoking....well, I see it as a way of getting the goodies out of the raw material and into an ingestible form without all the yuckies such as chlorophyll etc that make the butter so distasteful. I suspected that said goodies would need a vehicle to hitch a ride into the bloodstream on and your post pretty well confirms it.

Will be making my first batch of bubble with fresh-frozen material in a week or so and will be cooking up soon after. Will post results when in....

Cheers

Wink

Anybody looking at this thread and wondering about edibles, you can find out EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER WANTED TO KNOW at grasscity.com

Browse the forums area to locate the "Incredible Edibles" thread... and be prepared to be educated beyond your dreams.....

I am still learning a few of the finer points, but the questions in my post above are now utterly redundant!

I found the thread a fortnight or so ago and am completely blown away. I have trie BKS's canna oil processing method and can report that it is everything she says it is. In fact, it is AMAZING!

The thread was created - (drum roll please, dim the house lights, fire up the spotter...) - by the one, the only, the darling of the exponentially burgeoning number of edibles afficionados world-wide - "la stupenda the oracle" herself - BadKittySmiles.