Thread: micro-planing?

Default micro-planing?

alot of talk about this lately, supposedly after they scoop their hash they freeze it immediately then grind it up with a micro planer over parchment paper to get it broken up as fine as possible so it gets dry sooner...idk never tried it myself, always thought it would do damage to my trichs grinding it even if they were frozen again to make em stronger, ehh any thoughts on this from the bubble masters?

I prefer pushing my still moist resin thru a stainless steel strainer and then let it fall as powder onto a thick cardboard . The use of cardboard as a dessicant pulls the moisture out of the hash from below rather than air drying which doesnt work. Parchment paper is NOT a dessicant and will not pull the moisture out the same way thickcardboard will.
    To each their own in the end.. but i prefer breaking it into powder with a strainer and letting it dry on a thick cardboard

peace
    Bubble man

I have tried micro planing yes.. and it does break the heads up very small. But my worry is that the heads are also damaged in the process. I prefer to push my bubble thru a stainless strainer.. no problems just perfectly powdered hash. This is key to putting it on cardboard or you will get your hash stuck and taking remnants of cardboard with it. However with that said what the cardboard is doing is removing the moisture from the hash by sucking it out. IE Dessicant. This is why i prefer it over parchment paper.

ive had problems with cardboard after using the strainer sometimes with the really resiny strains it seems that it will indeed still stick to the cardboard no matter how fine or how long you leave it out to dry for. just my opinion

so what may i ask are you sifting/drying on?

I feel that every time I've used cardboard I can't help but notice a cardboard taste, thats why i use baking sheets with parchment.