Thread: Newbie question about bubble hash

Default Newbie question about bubble hash

Hi Folks,
    I'm planning my first run this weekend. I have a question: I have 4 ozs of nice homegrown bud. Is it a waste to make bubble hash from bud?

Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I'm planning my first run this weekend. I have a question: I have 4 ozs of nice homegrown bud. Is it a waste to make bubble hash from bud?
    It depends.

Think of the question: Is it waste to make orange juice out of oranges? If you want the orange juice it would be, but if you wanted oranges then it wouldn't.
    I am a medicinal user and I quit ciggs and don't like to abuse my lungs. Edibles are usually my way but sometimes I do not want such a long/delayed effect. Hence for me I never want bud, it hurts my throat and I have to smoke much more then I would with bubble.

Making it from bud comparable to trim is that trim is preferred because otherwise it would be garbage (or used for some alternative extraction). Theoretically bud should give you a better yield so would not be any more waste then using trim; however I feel that trim may expose more surface area so would be more effective at accessing the trichomes (ie higher percent yield of trichomes), but the bud of the same batch would likely have more trichomes and get a higher overall yield, despite the loss in surface area

My 3 cents (inflation)