A few years back, in 2004, marbleslinger and Myself got together the idea of throwing a sick glass show here in vancouver.
I had the melting point gallery at the time, and really one of the reasons for even starting the place, was to throw a show that fit into this catagory> something headie, herb related, and thats never been done in canada before.
So after much inspiration( bubble ) we came up with the idea ( well slilnger really came up with the title ) DEGENERATE ART. which was something he pulled out of nazi germany. Hitler thru an art show across europe called degenerate art, and put certain artists work on display in a very negative matter, in a disastrous gallery where garbage and dog shit was found thru out. The whole experience was meant to nauseate and cause dissedance towards these artists.
In the year prior to our show, 2003, Ashcroft put into affect operation PIPEDREAM, and went across the US, and started to arrest and charge glass blowers. tommy chong, and jason from jeromebakerdesign. chills may have also been involved, i can't remember.
ANyway this was marbleslingers inspiration to call the show degenerate art, but instead of showing it in this horrible manner. we chose to show the glass in a way that a high end gallery would.
Each piece had its own podium with custom glass cover. The show went on for a whole month, and was a total hit.
Over 35,000 dollars of glass was sold at the show, and the artists got some really nice exposure.
Check fmb's link for the interviews of some of the glass blowers that appeared in this show.

i would also like to add that its been 4 years since i've even seen some of these photos and i have forgotten who blew a few of the piece's, so i will hope some of the members recognize the glass, or the artist, and can help us fill in the blanks.

be prepared to be blown away ....