Starting out with this tahoe OG the first thing I noticed was the texture of the nugs, they are cured well and have a light sticky dank feel to them. They are uber dense and the calyx are very difficult to break open with your fingers, a grinder is almost a necessity with this sample. There is a very unique feel to these calyx, they are heavy and trichome laden, the last bud I had that was similar in texture was the louie the XIII from SVC.

The smell and flavor of this were very similar, I enjoyed the difference between this and SFV OG smell which is much more of a musky "kush" smell. This has about 25% of that SFV smell with the rest being made up of a strong chem/fuel smell. It has a strong odor but there are stronger smelling chem/kush varieties out there, they often have a slightly astringent smell to them like cleaning products. Flavor of this was similar to the smell but it could have been flushed a bit better to get rid of the earthy bland flavor lurking in there. Smaller bowls of it give you a more musky kush flavor, while a large bowl leaves a heavy aftertaste of fuel.

Stone of it was fairly strong, I found that it took 3 quick bowls to get me overwhelmed by this stuff with a strong head change. Smoking it slowly over a longer period of time, or out of smaller smoking apparatus would let the herb take effect and make the high much more relaxing and most likely put you to sleep. It has a strong effect on the eyes leaving your eyelids feeling heavy and droopy, this stuff sure makes you look stoned with tight squinty red eyes. Tolerance buildup was slightly below average, so this would be a good one to put into rotation if you were looking for a fairly potent OG.

Overall a great sample and it has earned a spot on my list of top OG hybrids to grow/smoke. Its a tough choice between the SFV and this one, they both have their tradeoffs and shining points but for flavor id go with the SFV and for overall smoking pleasure id pick the tahoe.