For all this stuff concerning the damaged machines that keep being collected and all of the rhetoric that is going back and forth between everyone here including the company itself, the two things I do not get are; why doesn't the company personally test a machine, running it through a rigorous test, and why do they not do what they need to do to be certain that the machine is boxed in such a way as to insure that there is no way damage could be incurred during shipping? Quality control should have come into play the first time, let alone the second or third time that this problem was brought to their attention. It seems to me that if this had been done by the company the first time they recognized they had a problem, then none of this other nonsense would be going on. The passing of blame from consumer to company and company to consumer could have been minimized. All of this does not give the product a good name and creates a certain degree of hesitation for anyone who is reading this to purchase one of these machines. Just my two cents. Smoke on...peace.