Thread: My 1st attempt with lots of trim.

Threaded View

HerbalToker Guest

Default My 1st attempt with lots of trim.

So doing this process, i rpetty much felt like it was my first time all over again. I used a different technique consisting of 3 buckets (recommended by Blynx and Kushkommander) and it worked nicely for containing the mess. and producing nice bubble. Usign three buckets, the process is mixing in a bucket with your ice water and plant matter, pouring it into the work bag, pulling the work bag. Then again pouring the raw water&heads through the bags.

I ran only the 160 bag, accept for the first batch, and on the first btch i seemed to get pretty nice 160. Which i have heard isnt too uncommon.

So i started with 400 g's fresh frozen in the first batch, and ran it three times. Moved to 350 g's of fresh frozen for the second batch and repeated the same technique. (again i said this is my first time trying with a descent amount of trim, and felt a little self doubtfull on a few techniques such as applying the has to the pressing screens, and efficiently scraping the bags)

By the second batch i was able to really figure out a better way for myself of applying the hash to the pressing pads, and moving it from there to the cardboard. At first i was wiping off the spoon onto the pad, and getting a lot of sticking, as apposed to just letting the hash slide off and not worrying about the little bits left on the end of the spoon, just wash them to the next bag. Then i would press with the pad ontop, but not actually pushing on the hash, i would pull down tightly on the screen beside the hash, i found this made for 0 sticking for me so i was glad to have figured that out. akes it much easier to apply to cardboard and chop.

As well collecting the heads from the bag, i found using the Jerk and Tug motion while the screen is still submerged, even on bags that dont need it to empty the water out helps. I would shake it fast and little movements and it would really colect the hash into an easily collectable ball in the screen without having any spread on the flat parts. i assume this is pretty common?

I also didnt get to try the Sieving technique as suggested by Bubbleman in my last post because i havent been able to find a good sieve.

Anyways. That is pretty much it, let me know what you guys think. Tips, changes i should make, Comments on the hash Here is some photos of the product, a few of the buckets while mixing. and the hash.

**The photos below of hash, are in order but it looks confusing. The pictures that Fallow the shots which show the micron, are macros of THAT micron.**
    Attached Images Attached Images