Hey there first off i'd like to welcome you to the site.. you've come to the right place.
we should be able to sort you out.
Now to answer your first question.. the dry sift screens and the box are the same thing.. same quality screens etc.. just no fancy box with a lock.
as for your second question.. the bubblebags will make a much stronger end product with less technique being needed.> ie the bubblebag process is almost a no brainer if you put in good you take out great.
however with dry sifting there is much more technique involved as well as patience and gentleness ( due to the fact there is no water you can end up with a ton of contaminant dry sifting, as the water keeps the majority of that contaminant afloat in the bubble process)
to answer your third question.. sounds like it was just really good quality bubblehash ie icehash. When the quality is high you can simply with the heat of your fingers press it up into a beautiful piece. this is going to be totaly reliant upon your quality though. .if the resin isnt great quality you can't really make it melt and dab.
the only difference in the microscopes aside from the exteneded 60x from 45x is that the 60 also has the black light for telling if your cash is counterfiet or real.
As for tips .. you should search my forums here i have a ton of threads on pressing drying curing wet washing dry sifting etc.
Its all here and if your having trouble.. please come into CHat and ask some questions.. we will do our best to answer..

peace
Bubble man