Quote Originally Posted by WAK View Post
PS---Those of you who say we're so rich and made our money should come check out my bills each month--we live week to week--we haven't even come close to making it yet--but we still have fun and work hard despite the lack of payoff!!!
^^^^ I think people don't realize how exploited artist's are on a daily basis, even the ones 'making it'. People keep talking about how expensive the glass is. I wonder if they're actually forgetting that they are getting middled and all of that money is'nt going directly into JP's pocket. They're a lot of expenses in running a business, just look at the price for a lathe alone, and apparently he has two. You also have to consider the thousands of hours dude has spent perfecting his craft.

As for people bitching about the design of his new work and how it isn't aesthetically pleasing and shit, are you serious? Show me your BFA, because as far as I am concerned your opinion is just that. Save that shit for your high school ceramics critique. Dude is an artists, let him create. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Not every design is gonna be a winner, but through creating 10 protos maybe 1 will be killer.

I'm not gonna speak for JP, but, it's pretty much accepted as common knowledge that most real artists hate commissions. That's why they're artists. They have their own personal/individual gift to give to the world. So, everyone with all these new 'toro innovations', get a lathe yourself and start making some tubes. I wanna see JP tubes.

Bitch fest,,,, done..... -ohg